Nowadays, everybody spends more time sitting at a computer for social networks, mailing and working specially in software companies. Most of them don’t care if they sitting properly or not. Not sitting properly will harm you and take a toll on your body. Also after long period will end up with back pain, leg pain, eye pain, neck pain and tangling in hands or fingers.
Because our health is above wealth I have collected some tips to be considered during sitting at a computer.
- Be close to your keyboard and make it in front of you (centered in line with G-H keys) and make sure that your elbows are close to your body and your shoulders are relaxed.
- Sit up straight and your back is supported by the chair.
- Adjust your chair height so you can feet firmly on the floor.
- Adjust the position of the monitor correctly to be centered in front of you and make the top of
the monitor approximately above your eye level.
- Taking breaks in the best way to relieve tension, so take small regular breaks to move around.
Short breaks every 30 or 40 minutes better that long break after 2 or 3 hours.
- Every while try to lean back to your chair and let your arms hang loose. Stretch and curl your
- For your eyes, remember the 20/20/20 rule: every 20 minutes, stare at an object 20 feet away
for 20 seconds.
Hope you all consider these tips and in the end please check this small video
Written by: Hossam Ghareeb Jun 2013