I want in this article to talk about freelancing and know more about it. We will know why some people prefer freelancing and what its benefits. Also I will try to give some tips as working as a freelancer.
What is freelancing?
Freelancing, freelancer, or freelance worker is to work as self-employed and not related to a long-term employer. You work as selling your services for the higher bidder and you can work with multiple employers for part time or full time.
Freelancing is a great way to improve your professional skills and work on your own terms. It helps you find good work even if you are still young, so you can earn a lot of money and achieve your goals. Freelancing offers freedom and you can easily find work in many sites like freelancer.com, odesk.com, elance.com, …..
Also you can work with multiple employers in same time and learn experience in meeting different people. You have the chance to work with clients globally and from different countries.
Why do plenty of people love freelancing?
In USA alone, one in three workers are now doing freelance work. That’s 42 million Americns going without employer health insurance. These people chosed freedom, others wanna increase their income and nowadays full-time jobs are hard to find. Freelancer can be anyone: designers, developers, artists, writers, journalists,…
Tips to rock in freelancing:
- Try to market yourselfYou have to market yourself and make your name shinny. You have to show your worth by building personal website, improve your internet presence and write in a blog.
- Secure ContractBefore start working with a client, make sure that you are in safe. Sign and write a contract between you and your client. A lot of freelancers , their work ended up for free because they didn’t ensure their clients are legally bound to pay them.
- Organize your workBefore choosing a project, think about it. Determine how much work will it takes and how much time. Can you do this job or not?. Don’t fill your days with multiple projects in same time to meet deadlines and be on time.
- Be FlexibleFlexibility is very very important in freelancing. Don’t think if you are a freelancer, you have the full control of the projects, but in fact you live at the merce of your clients. They are paying you, so you have to be flexible to their needs and respect them. Try to learn the art of flexiblity and make them believe in your opinions.
- Read the job post carefullyRead the job description carefully and know what the client wants and all the requirements. Try to make sense of these clients by reading carefully their job postings and know the hidden meaning of the description.
Written by: Hossam Ghareeb Jun 2013
#freelancing #odesk #elance #contract #tips